An Introduction to the RBS Career Services
The Career Services Department of Rome Business School aims to assist all of the RBS students in finding the right career path for them. To do so, two paths are available: one is the Career Acceleration Process and the other is the RBS4Entrepreneurship Program, respectively aimed for those who want to engage in the corporate environment as Professionals and those who wish to become Entrepreneurs. Each student must choose which path is most suitable for them, and most of all remember that in this area proactivity is key.
The Career Acceleration Program
The Career Services gives you the tools, resources and opportunities to successfully get on the job market. Thanks to the Individual approach we have towards our students, we set up a custom strategy for your professional and personal development, as well as join networking events with top companies.
What are the steps in the Career Acceleration Program?
- Register to Job Teaser and Book your individual meeting. First of all you will upload your CV to job teaser, our job searching platform, then you’ll be able to book your individual meeting with one of our Career Services Specialists. During this meeting you’ll get an individual assesment aimed at devising your own professional professional strategy. After reviewing your CV and cover letter you’ll discuss the best steps towards a successful job search.
- Attend a series of workshops aimed at helping students build up their own job searching strategy. During these workshops you’ll get insight on how to handle different types of interview, the Italian and European job market, personal branding and Linkedin tips and an in depth suggestion on how to write the perfect CV and cover letter.
- Join extra activities where you’ll analyse your specific sector, learn about women leadership and the social impact of leadership, as well as gain a better understanding of the professional outlets available.
- Company Meetings. All throughout your Master you’ll have the possibility to meet professionals from some of the top companies in Italy and abroad, such as Sony, Gucci, Oracle and ZUMA. Put to good use your networking skills and learn about different work environments!
- The Career Fair. A yearly occurence at RBS, in which you get to interview with top recruiters and have your CV screened. Moreover this is when you’ll learn how top recruiting companies operate when hiring.
And if you want to become and entrepreneur? Those who would prefer to launch their own business can join a dedicated training path.
The RBS4Entrepreneurship program
The program is divided into two sections, an open training program available to all, and an incubation program, available to the selected teams.
The program is structured as follows:
- An open training program where you’ll learn the basics of the startup world, through workshops #StartupTalks and the Meet Your Team event: from how to create the perfect pitch deck to hearing the experience of entrepreneurs and startuppers, and then finding the team to collaborate with, whether you have an idea but lack some skills or wish to participate in the creation of a startup but don’t have an innovative idea of your own.
- Then you can submit your idea and 10 capable teams will have the chance to pitch it in front of a jury of successful entrepreneurs and investors
- The teams selected will enter the incubation program, where they will get the necessary tools to make their idea into a Minimum Viable Product and do that through the assistance of successful entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- The Pitch Day is the closing moment of the #RBS4Entrepreneurship path, the teams who have worked at their startup pitch their idea in front of an audience of potential investors.
Choose the path that best suits your career goals and engage with the Career Services Department!