During the first module of the International Master in Project Management, students will learn how to:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module, students will learn how to:
1) Project Management Introduction
- PM culture, Project Life Cycle,
- Organizational Project Management
2) Business Analysis
- Benefit and value analysis
- Requirements management
- Business Case
3) Operational foundations of Project Management
- Monitoring and controlling
4) Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Exploring complexity: application of PM tools and techniques
- Exploring Complexity: Risk Management
- Use of Project Management Software
- Agile methodologies: Kanban and SCRUM
- Notes on other methodologies (XP, DASM, …)
During the third module, students will learn how to:
5) International and Ethical Aspects of Project Management
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Participation in European tenders
- Business Ethics and CSR
6) Interpersonal skills for the Project Manager
- Personality indicators
- Leadership, Motivation, and Thinking Styles
- Tools and strategies for individual and team development
- Decision-making styles and processes
- Conflict management
Future managers, business owners, and professionals who are prepared to take advantage of the advantages of digitalization, go global, and make a positive contribution to society are what Rome Business School seeks to develop.
- By focusing on in-demand skills, electives are the perfect tools for students to increase their employability.
- Students can become more competitive and carve out a niche for themselves with the help of electives.
- Students are exposed to courses in electives that they might not have otherwise experienced.
- A unique curriculum that promotes life and career skills is offered by electives. Six main areas of interest make up the organization of elective courses:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Preparation for Professional Certifications (DASCA)
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
Rome Business School Practice Lab is the place where theoretical concepts are put in practice and participants learn through experience. NTT DATA managers, who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises and network, while sharing their experience and expertise with the students, run the Lab. This Lab is entirely run by NTT DATA managers with whom you will create strategy to guide customers through the customer’s journey of NTT DATA.
You will have the opportunity to exhibit your abilities at the end of the course by tackling a real-world business challenge. Utilize your skills to find chances and create a truly inventive plan.
Face a real-life business challenge. You have the option of working in a small group, developing an internet sales plan, or developing a loyalty programme for different generations.
Two case studies from two real firms will be assigned to you to put your master’s course knowledge to the test.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge:
Milk Flower business will bring in the art of Italian gelato making to offer ice cream using organic ingredients and seasonal fruits native to Senegal. The business will pursue a new strategy and go forward to sell gelato in carts around Dakar City instead of selling it in an old-fashioned physical shop. Locally created gelato is predicted to provide positive cash flow and profit in the first year, with a positive return. This project management plan details the process of the planning and initiation phase for the launch of the Milk Flower Business.