Under the patronage of:
Recognized by Eduniversal
Top 50 – Global Ranking
Ranked N 22 in Food and Beverage Management, Worldwide
One of the best known and more competitive branches of business, the industry of food & beverage plays a crucial role as much in the Italian scenery as in the world. Rome Business School’s Master in Food & Beverage Management offers complete training and the ideal skills to start a strong and productive career in this sector; the managerial training and the study of the mechanisms of production, distribution, and demand provided by this programme are specifically designed to forge professional profiles able to work effectively and successfully in the business of food & beverage. All within one of the best-known centers of the Italian culinary culture and wine expertise: Rome.
Why studying in Rome
- The ultimate education experience in the eternal city
The cradle of civilization and homeland of an invaluable cultural and artistic heritage, Rome is the ultimate location to live a higher education experience; take advantage of the many beautiful places and enriching initiatives offered by the roman landscape and learn in one of the most proficuous centers of made in Italy production.
- An always growing business ecosystem
With more than 650.000 companies registered in the region and more than 1.000 new startups in the city territory, a growing rate of entreprises of 1,81% in just last year, the italian capital is the second city for number of new business on a national level.
- There’s no business you can’t find
From fashion to food & beverage, from arts to tourism, Rome is the birthplace of multiple renowned enterprises and activities of made in Italy products and services, all of them operating in the business sectors tackled in the school’s programmes: an aspect that allows the students to experience first hand the reality they’re aiming to access to.
- Study in Rome, experience everywhere
Through the company visits and study tours organized by Rome Business School, you’ll have the chance to get in contact with worldwide-known institutions and renowned companies, become familiar with different professional environments and expand your network. Our school also offers the opportunity to take part in internships, in Italy and abroad, at prestigious and successful companies.
⇒ 6 months of lectures
⇒ 6 months dedicated to international internships and project work
⇒ Visits at international companies and organizations
⇒ Integrative cultural programme
⇒ Seminars and events
- International internships at leading companies and organizations
- Tutoring: assistance of a tutor for both On Campus and Online courses
- Learning materials: extensive documentation useful for the student’s training (books, slides, notes, study cases and more)
- Registration to the Rome Business School Alumni Association: the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences, and projects, which also gives access to price reductions for further training courses.
- Opportunity for participation in EAE Business School Barcelona Bootcamp.
Programme of the Master in Food & Beverage Management
Introduction and Scenario
- The Food and Beverage and Agri-Food System
Food and Beverage Industry Management
- Basics of management: elements of corporate strategy and organisation
- Economics and food company management
- Marketing management and digital marketing
- Accountancy and management control
- Basics of Project Management
- Business Planning
- Human Resource Management
- From the concept to the project: defining a project’s guidelines through the creation of the Concept
- Geomarketing analysis
- Aesthetic and functional design: identifying structural needs/required spaces and their distribution / defining a layout
- Administrative requirements to set up a business / verifying the suitability of a location
- Job Health and Safety: regulations and documents
- Retail & sales management
- Supplier selection
- Food cost control
- Menu engineering
- Restaurant and Kitchen layout
- Practice Lab: visits to producers
- Retail & sales management
- Supplier selection
- Beverage cost control
- Wine and beverage list engineering
- Wine cellar layout
- Practice Lab: visits to producers
Marketing and Communication for Food and Beverage
- Food and Beverage industry marketing
- Restauration services marketing
- Digital marketing
- Brand management – Image and Brand Identity
- Food, Wine, and Mass Media – communication tools (food guides, industry publications/websites, newsletters)
- Storytelling applied to Food & Wine products and services
- Content management
- Social media management for the Food and Beverage industry
- Food & Wine audio-visual communication
- Customer care
- Food and Beverage events and the role of Public Relations
- Case studies
- Agri-food product marketing and brand management
- Wine marketing and brand management
- Marketing strategies applied to industry contents: case histories and testimonials
Food and Beverage industry innovation and strategies
- Internationalisation strategies
- New technologies: from production chain to service
- Launching a start-up in the Food and Beverage industry
- As part of the course, a Cooking Teambuilding and/or Gastronomic Walking Tour event is organised in Rome’s Old Town to understand the cultural context within which the various made in Italy Food and Beverage service and restauration of excellence activities insert themselves, with the aim of understanding its various formats and business models.
The courses for Rome Business School’s Master in Food & Beverage Management are held by highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields, from the academic domain to management and marketing in this sector. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, in order to transfer truly useful competencies for the attendees’ professional development.
Some of our teachers
Ph.D. in Food Systems and Interaction Design at the Univerity of Florence; Academic Director of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign-Food Studies in Rome and Director of Gustolab International Institute for Food Systems and Sustainability; she teaches Sustainability Design Thinking of the Economics and Business Department of the University of Rome ‘Roma 3’.
Branding Consultant since 2005; among his clients he claims: Gambero Rosso SpA, Huawei, LT Wine & Food Advisory, Rete Ferroviaria Italiana SpA and many more.
Camilla Carrega Bertolini
Has been for 5 years the Academic Programs Coordinator at Gambero Rosso in its headquarter in Rome, the undisputed leader in the World about Food, Wine and Lifestyle; Property Owner & Chief Operating Officer at Volognano.Com and free consultant in branding and communication strategy for Food & Beverage companies.
Rome Business School supports its students even beyond the academic environment, providing them with guidance and assistance in developing a strong professional profile which reflects the most sought competencies in the current job market. In particular, the school offers the following services to the enrolled students:
- Support in the management of job interviews
- Free review and inclusion of the student’s CV in the Rome Business School’s database, and its distribution to businesses, organizations and head hunters belonging to the school’s international network;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad
EAE Business School Barcelona Bootcamp
Rome Business School’s Master in Food & Beverage Management offers you the opportunity to take part in the exclusive EAE Business School Barcelona Bootcamp, an intensive programme of the duration of 1 week in the wonderful Spanish city of Barcelona, in cooperation with the prestigious EAE Business School. Get the chance to learn all of the secrets of entrepreneurship, techniques of Design Thinking and the Lean StartUp methodology!
At the end of the Master, 96% of the students obtained an internship in internationally renowned companies, such as:
Admission process and graduation
The admission process is aimed to verify the candidate’s eligibility to attend the Master. The candidate’s academic history, previous experiences in the topics covered in the Master and motivation will be matters of the evaluation.
Once it’s sent, the application will be evaluated by Rome Business School’s academic committee. In order to ensure the application’s suitability, it is important to deliver all of the required documentation.
Students who successfully complete the programme will receive a double certification: Rome Business School’s diploma and an official certification by Universidad Internacional de Valencia (VIU), which provides 60 internationally recognized credits (60 ECTS).
Scholarships and Tuition
According to the individual profile, experience, and proved motivation, the candidate can be awarded a scholarship covering part of the overall tuition fee (up to 20%). The eligibility for a possible scholarship will be decided by Rome Business School’s academic committee during the evaluation of the candidate’s application.
Scholarships are available for all of the didactic formulas.
The tuition fee of 6.500 Euros can be paid:
- in installments
- in a single solution (this option grants the student a 10% discount on the overall amount of the tuition fee)