During the first module of the International Master in Data Science students will learn notions of:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module, students will learn:
1) Data-driven Strategy:
- Digital Transformation & Industry 4.0
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Data-driven companies
2) Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Deep Learning:
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Neural networks, LLM, and modern AI
- Advanced and Predictive Analytics
- Text and Image Detection and Recognition
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Cloud solutions
3) Data Science Languages and Tools:
- R and Python
- Jupyter Notebook
- Google Colaboratory
- Libraries for Data Science
4) Modern Data Architectures
- MongoDB and NoSQL technologies
- Distributed Architectures
- Apache: Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark
- Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene
- IoT Analytics and RT data analysis with
- Kafka and InfluxDB
- Data Mesh
During the third module, students will explore:
5) Data Presentation, Communication & Evaluation
- Data Management & Visualization
- Data Presentation (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI with M and DAX)
- Presentation Techniques
- Data Evaluation
6) Data Governance
- Data Management: Ethics, Intellectual Property, and Data Protection
- Data Quality
- Data Notarization (Blockchain)
- Agile Scrum Framework
Future managers, business owners, and professionals who are prepared to take advantage of the advantages of digitalization, go global, and make a positive contribution to society are what Rome Business School seeks to develop.
- By focusing on in-demand skills, electives are the perfect tools for students to increase their employability.
- Students can become more competitive and carve out a niche for themselves with the help of electives.
- Students are exposed to courses in electives that they might not have otherwise experienced.
- A unique curriculum that promotes life and career skills is offered by electives. Six main areas of interest make up the organization of elective courses:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Preparation for Professional Certifications (DASCA)
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
Rome Business School Practice Lab is the place where theoretical concepts are put in practice and participants learn through experience. The Lab is run by TABLEAU managers who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises and network, while sharing their experience and expertise with the students. This Lab is entirely run by TABLEAU managers with whom you will create strategy to guide customers through the customer’s journey of TABLEAU.
The Global Trends lab consists of 2 virtual sessions:
Session 1: How to Find Sources to identify global trends. Deep dive into the global world trends shaping the world of today – guest speakers from UN, UNIDO, ILO. Examples of Global Trends:
- The Future of Work
- AI, Blockchain, and Technology
- The World in 2030 – Future Scenarios (UN, IMF, ECB)
Session 2: Understand the impact of global trends on businesses, and explore ways in which businesses can adapt and transform based on future trends and forward-thinking strategies.
At the end of your educational experience, you will have the chance to prove your abilities by tackling a real business challenge. Use your talent to identify opportunities and create a truly innovative strategy.
Tackle a real company challenge. You can choose to be part of a small team and design a Marketing plan for a new business or develop a strategy to increase online sales or create a loyalty offering for different generation.
You will be given two case studies from two real companies that will allow you to test your knowledge learnt during the master’s course.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge:
Explore the spread of Data Mesh as a concept, to assess the related business and identify the key elements for a marketing campaign, to sell Data Mesh as an architecture/product opportunities.