During the first module of the Executive Master in Data Science, students will learn how to:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students can manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach to solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision-making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation, and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module of the Executive Master in Data Science, students will learn how to:
1) Data-Driven Business Strategy:
- Digital Transformation & Industry 4.0
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Data-Driven Company
2) Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning:
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Neural Networks, LLM, and Modern AI
- Advanced and Predictive Analysis
- Text and Image Recognition and Analysis
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Cloud Solutions
3) Data Science Languages and Tools:
- R & Python
- Jupyter Notebook
- Google Colaboratory
- Libraries for Data Science
4) Modern Data Architectures:
- MongoDB and NoSQL Technologies
- Distributed Architectures
- Apache: Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark
- Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene
- Data Mesh
During the third module of the Executive Master in Data Science, students will learn how to:
5) Presentation, Communication, and Evaluation of Data:
- Data Management & Visualization
- Data Presentation with Tableau and Microsoft Power BI using “M” and DAX
- Data Presentation Techniques
- Data Evaluation
- Data Governance
6) Data Management: Ethics, Intellectual Property, and Data Protection:
- Data Quality
- Data Notarization (Blockchain)
- Agile Scrum Framework
- Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility
Future managers, business owners, and professionals who are prepared to take advantage of the advantages of digitalization, go global, and make a positive contribution to society are what Rome Business School seeks to develop.
- By focusing on in-demand skills, electives are the perfect tools for students to increase their employability.
- Students can become more competitive and carve out a niche for themselves with the help of electives.
- Students are exposed to courses in electives that they might not have otherwise experienced.
- A unique curriculum that promotes life and career skills is offered by electives. Six main areas of interest make up the organization of elective courses:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Preparation for Professional Certifications (DASCA)
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
- Individual Coaching
- Executive Mentoring production review of curricular material
- Company meetings with leading companies
- Executive Mentoring for preliminary orientation towards entrepreneurship
At the end of your educational experience, you will have the chance to prove your abilities by tackling a real business challenge. Use your talent to identify opportunities and create a truly innovative strategy.
Tackle a real company challenge. You can choose to be part of a small team and design an innovative HR business plan or functional operational plan based on theoretical research.
Work on one of two real Business Challenges of a specific company.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge:
Analyze the company’s historical data in order to identify the types of users that make up the customer base. Segment customers according to their energy consumption. design a service that will make users more aware and help them consume less.
The Practical Challenge:
Explore the deployment of Data Mesh as a concept, to assess related business opportunities. Identify key elements for a marketing campaign aimed at selling Data Mesh technology as an architecture/product
The Leadership Program is a practice-based program and consists of 5 interactive courses, which include a self-assessment test, role-plays and quizzes:
- Executive Communication Skills
This course aims to teach students how to communicate effectively with any interlocutor and in any situation.
- Team Effectiveness.
This course is aimed at developing a range of skills, such as team formation and development, leadership, motivation and conflict management.
- Agile Leadership
In this course, students will learn agile tools and the values of an agile leader to create agile teams.
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
This course provides participants with the most effective conflict management and negotiation techniques.
- Emotional Intelligence.
Participants will learn the importance of emotional intelligence for leadership, developing more empathy, awareness, and ability to perceive and understand their emotions.