During the first module of the International Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management, students will learn how to:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module of the International Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management, students will learn how to:
1) Understanding Tourism: It’s Origins, Systems & Growth:
- The Tourism System: Organization and Environmental factors
- Economics principles in Tourism Industry
- The Evolution of Tourism and Its Impact
- Historical Perspectives on Tourism Development
2) Digital Tourism, Communication & Advanced Sales Techniques:
- Digital Travel Design & Online Commercialization Strategies
- Effective Customer Care and Public Relations in the Digital Age
- Advanced Sales Techniques, Tools, and Strategies for Selling Travel
- Performance Measurement and Business Analytics for Tourism Management
3) Global Tourism and Experiential Journeys:
- Methodologies for Creating Experiential Journeys
- Exploring Global Tourism Systems (Food & Wine, Arts & Culture, Fashion Tourism, Luxury Tourism, Dark Tourism, Romantic Tourism, Sports Tourism, Global Green & Sustainable Tourism)
- Destination Management: Strategies and Best Practices
- Entrepreneurship and Start-ups in the Tourism Industry
4) Advanced Hospitality Management and Leadership Development:
- Hotel and Hospitality Management Strategies
- Site Inspection and Evaluation Techniques
- Franchising in Hospitality Management: Opportunities and Challenges
- Hotel Mergers & Acquisitions: Strategies and Integration Processes
During the third module of the International Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management, students will learn how to:
5) Emerging Trends: Technology, CSR, and Legal Aspects:
- Tourism Regulations and Legislative Frameworks
- Advanced IT Solutions: Booking systems and Emerging technologies
- Better Managers for a Better World: Corporate Social Responsibility in Tourism
- Data Analysis in Hospitality and Tourism Research
- Business Ethics and CSR
6) Innovation in Tourism and Sustainable Practices:
- Smart Cities and Urban Planning: Creating Sustainable and Innovative Tourism Destinations
- Exploring New Trends and Disruptions in the Hospitality Industry
- Customer experience, service excellence, and Personalization in the Digital age
- SustainableTourism Practices: Environmental Stewardship and Social Responsibility
The goal of Rome Business School is to develop future managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals who are ready to capitalize on the benefits of digitalization, go global, and have a positive impact on society.
Electives are ideal tools for students to improve their employability by focusing on high-demand skills.
- Electives assist students in carving out a niche for themselves and becoming more competitive.
- Electives expose students to courses they might not have encountered otherwise.
- Electives provide a one-of-a-kind curriculum that fosters life and career skills.
- Elective courses are organized in 5 main areas of interest:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
Rome Business School Practice Lab is the place where theoretical concepts are put in practice and participants learn through experience. The Lab is run by Soho House managers who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises and network, while sharing their experience and expertise with the students. This Lab is entirely run by Soho House managers with whom you will create strategy to guide customer’s through the customer’s journey of Soho House.
The Global Trends lab consists of 2 virtual sessions:
Session 1: How to Find Sources to identify global trends. Deep dive into the global world trends shaping the world of today – guest speakers from UN, UNIDO, ILO. Examples of Global Trends:
- The Future of Work
- AI, Blockchain, and Technology
- The World in 2030 – Future Scenarios (UN, IMF, ECB)
Session 2: Understand the impact of global trends on businesses, and explore ways in which businesses can adapt and transform based on future trends and forward-thinking strategies.
At the conclusion of your course, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills by taking on a genuine business problem. Utilize your skills to spot chances and develop a strategy that is genuinely creative.
Take on a genuine business challenge. You might decide to work in a small group, come up with an online sales plan, or design a loyalty programme for various generations.
Two case studies from two genuine firms will be provided to you so that you can put your master’s course knowledge to the test.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge:
Developing new strategy and marketing promotion to market the Castel Volognano as a wedding venue Company Volognano Azienda.