During the first module of the International Online Master in Food and Beverage Management, students will learn notions of:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module of the International Online Master in Food and Beverage Management, students will deepen:
1) Global Food, Wine, and Beverage Industry:
- Overview of the World Food Economy & Food, Beverage, and Agrifood System
- Leveraging the Strength of ‘Made in Italy’ with a Focus on Food and Beverage
- Ensuring Job Health and Safety: Regulations and Documentation
- Internationalization Strategies and Export Potential for ‘Made in Italy’ F&B Products
- F&B in Hospitality & Luxury Hotels
- Slow Food Philosophy: Preserving Tradition and Sustainability in Gastronomy
2) Food Management:
- Developing Effective Strategies and Positioning for Start-up Restaurant Formats
- Designing an Innovative Food Offering & Implementing Menu Engineering Techniques
- Optimizing Restaurant and Kitchen Layouts for Aesthetics and Functionality
- Culinary Management: Enhancing Culinary Skills and Managing Kitchen Operations
- Food Risk Management: Managing Risks associated with Food intolerances
- Supplier Selection for Food Procurement & Cost Control
- Food Costs (Active/Passive) with Practical Exercises
3) Wine & Beverage Management:
- Crafting a Captivating Wine & Beverage Offering
- Implementing Wine List Engineering for Optimal Customer Experience
- Supplier Selection and Beverage Cost Control Techniques
- Wine Appreciation and Tasting Techniques for Wine Professionals
- F&B and Spirits: Exploring the World of Distilled Beverages
4) Deluxe Brands, Marketing, and Communication of Food, Wine, and Beverage:
- Delux Brand Management for Fine Food, Wine and Beverage
- Utilizing Audio-Visual Communication in the F&B Industry
- Effective Mass Media Strategies, Storytelling, and Public Relations
- Trade Marketing and New Sales Channels: Exploring Strategies for Trade, Retail & Category Marketing
During the third module of the International Online Master in Food and Beverage Management, students will learn:
5) Software Technologies in F&B:
- Introduction to Technology in F&B Operations
- Channels and Digital Tools to Acquire New Customers
- Data Analysis in F&B: Leveraging Insights for Decision-Making
- Performance Measurement and Business Analytics for F&B
- Revenue, Channel, and Demand Management
- Customer Experience, Service Excellence, and Personalization
6) Future Trends and Innovations in F&B:
- Exploring New and Future Trends, Innovation and Disruptions for a Business Growth F&B Industry
- Understanding Food and Wine Processing Technologies
- New Technologies: From Production Chain to New Product Development & Services
- Innovations in the Allergen-Free Food Sector
- Ghost Restaurants and Dark Kitchens: The Future of F&B Delivery Conce
The goal of Rome Business School is to develop future managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals who are ready to capitalize on the benefits of digitalization, go global, and have a positive impact on society.
Electives are ideal tools for students to improve their employability by focusing on high-demand skills.
- Electives assist students in carving out a niche for themselves and becoming more competitive.
- Electives expose students to courses they might not have encountered otherwise.
- Electives provide a one-of-a-kind curriculum that fosters life and career skills.
- Elective courses are organized in 5 main areas of interest:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
Rome Business School Practice Lab is the place where theoretical concepts are put in practice and participants learn through experience. The Lab is run by Michelin Guide managers who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises and network, while sharing their experience and expertise with the students. This Lab is entirely run by Michelin Guide managers with whom you will create strategy to guide customers through the customer’s journey of Michelin Guide.
You will have the opportunity to exhibit your abilities at the end of the course by tackling a real-world business challenge. Utilize your skills to find chances and create a truly inventive plan.
Face a real-life business challenge. You have the option of working in a small group, developing an internet sales plan, or developing a loyalty programme for different generations.
Two case studies from two real firms will be assigned to you to put your master’s course knowledge to the test.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge:
Developing a new sales and marketing strategy to increase the sales of the wine product line ‘’Per Me and Per Te Wines’’ of the Volognano Azienda Agricola – Italian Winery. Company: Volognano Azienda Agricola.