Companies and organizations are more aware than ever that one of their key assets, when it comes to standing out from the competition, is their team of people and, as such, the management and supervision of its Human Resources department. A company’s staff is the driving force behind the design, implementation, and management of the business project. As such, it is crucial for companies to be increasingly oriented towards their employees. Therefore, Human Resources Managers must be professionals who are equipped to lead a department that connects and works with all of the company’s business activities and, at the same time, be able to adapt to changes in the environment.
Rome Business School’s Master in Human Resources Management is designed to equip Human Resources professionals to respond to the needs and challenges of the market from the perspective of people management. Professionals who embrace change as the most effective way of generating competitive advantages, who can capitalize on new technologies, who have a solid grasp on the new generations of professionals joining the employment market and fully understand the importance of the work/life balance and ethical conduct and, above all, are committed to developing, attracting and retaining talent as the best way to ensure success in the new business ecosystem.
Why studying in Rome
- The ultimate education experience in the eternal city
The cradle of civilization and homeland of an invaluable cultural and artistic heritage, Rome is the ultimate location to live a higher education experience; take advantage of the many beautiful places and enriching initiatives offered by the roman landscape and learn in one of the most proficuous centers of made in Italy production.
- An always growing business ecosystem
With more than 650.000 companies registered in the region and more than 1.000 new startups in the city territory, a growing rate of entreprises of 1,81% in just last year, the italian capital is the second city for number of new business on a national level.
- There’s no business you can’t find
From fashion to food & beverage, from arts to tourism, Rome is the birthplace of multiple renowned enterprises and activities of made in Italy products and services, all of them operating in the business sectors tackled in the school’s programmes: an aspect that allows the students to experience first hand the reality they’re aiming to access to.
- Study in Rome, experience everywhere
Through the company visits and study tours organized by Rome Business School, you’ll have the chance to get in contact with worldwide-known institutions and renowned companies, become familiar with different professional environments and expand your network. Our school also offers the opportunity to take part in internships, in Italy and abroad, at prestigious and successful companies.
⇒ 6 months of lectures
⇒ 6 months dedicated to the Capstone project
⇒ 2 months for the international internship
⇒ 1 week for the Bootcamp in Barcelona or New York
⇒ Visits at international companies and organizations
⇒ Soft Skills programme
⇒ Integrative cultural programme
⇒ Seminars and events
From Monday to Thursday (9.45am to 11.45am); Fridays are reserved for other activities such as the Capstone project preparation, Soft Skills Program, Italian classes and so on
- Italian Language Course – Beginner level (A1 & A2)
- Company visits – Examples include Enel, Fendi, Bulgari, Global Solar Fund
- International Study tour: Bootcamp in Barcelona or New York in July 2020 (optional not included in the fee)
- Cultural Program –Walking Tours in Rome
- Soft skills programme
- Research Methods for Business
- Capstone Project – Human Resources Plan
Career Development Workshops
- CV and Cover Letter
- Job searching tools and social media strategies
- Handling different types of interview
Career Services Support
- Individual career counseling meetings – to identify your individual job search strategy
- Career Services online Platform – where to find internship opportunities available through the school
- Workshop on the Italian job market
- CV circulation in Rome Business School’s network
- Accommodation support – Accommodation Provider
- International Student ID card – ISIC
Programme of the Master in Human Resources Management
Mind Opening & Knowledge Management Setting
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Managerial Economics
- Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Intro to the New HR
- The Virtual Workplace
- New Organizational Models
- The Power of Culture
- HR as a Strategic Business Partner
Talent Development & Management
- Talent Pipeline
- Workforce Planning
- Job Crafting
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Feedback Systems
- Benefits & Rewards
- Succession Planning
- Digital HR
Behavior and Change Management
- Behavioral Economics
- Psychology: Organizational,
- Social, Cognitive and Positive
- Group Dynamics & Building Trust
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Working Effectively in Teams
- Influence & Persuasion
Capstone Project: Human Resources Plan
A team project aimed to develop an HR plan designed to solves a business problem in the area of Human Resources, of an existing or fictitious company in the Marketing & Sales Industry. All teams are guided from the very initial phase of the project.
- Developing the skills and techniques required to conduct a research project.
- Enhancing the capacity for resolving problems in unfamiliar environments in contexts related to Human Resources Management
- Integrating the knowledge you have acquired on the Master.
- Teamwork skills development. Understanding the dynamics of the roles and productivity in relation to business project
The Human Resources Capstone Project work has to be presented verbally to the Academic committee composed of: The Dean of the School, Academic Supervisor, Master’s Supervisor and in front of Marketing Industry experts and Managers who will all together evaluate the project.
Rome Business School’s Master in International Human Resources Management are held by highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields, from the managerial field to HR Development and innovation applied to this business. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, in order to transfer truly useful competencies for the attendees’ professional development.
Some of our teachers
- LOTTA ANNA RAMUSSON RAIBLE – Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Administration(cum laude) from the Libera Universita Internazionale degli Studi Sociali in Rome, Italy; Worked in the Human Resources Division of the United Nations World Food Programme in Rome, Italy and for the Human Resources Division of the Swedish International Development Authority in Stockholm, Sweden. Was the Human Resources Manager at the International Plant Genetics Resources Institute at its Rome Headquarters.
- MARSHALL LANGER – MBA at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania; specialized in councelling psychology at the New York University; he has worked on Wall Street on investment banking and risk arbitrage for firms like Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette as well as in trading for BNP Paribas. He has also taught at: University’s Stern School of Business, Fordham University, University of Connecticut, Luiss, The American University of Rome, Loyola University Chicago Rome Campus, CEA, St. John’s.
- ANDREA MONTUSCHI – Graduated in Economics at the University of Brescia; Business coaching at Kartaker Coaching School; shareholder, partner and Board President at Great Place to Work Italy; more than 20 years of experience in the fields of HR consulting and organisational climate.
- NATASHA VALENTINE – Diploma in Human Resources Administration from Seneca College (Toronto, Canada) and certification from AIRS in CIR (Certified Internet Recruiter) and CSSR (Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter) in London, UK; more than 20 years of international experience from the legal to the IT field.
Rome Business School supports its students even beyond the academic environment, providing them with guidance and assistance in developing a strong professional profile which reflects the most sought competencies in the current job market. In particular, the school offers the following services to the enrolled students:
- Support in the management of job interviews
- Free review and inclusion of the student’s CV in the Rome Business School’s database, and its distribution to businesses, organizations and head hunters belonging to the school’s international network;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad
A one of a kind experience: Bootcamp around the world
Hone your entrepreneurial skills and test them with the ultimate challenge: Rome Business School’s exclusive Bootcamp in Barcelona, organized in partnership with EAE Business School, and in New York, in partnership with Pace University, two beautiful cities at the forefront of innovation and among the most productive start-up ecosystems. An advanced programme designed to put you face to face with realistic business scenarios to solve and provide you with a practical way of learning and skills development. All with the professional support of a tutor from top-class working companies!
At the end of the Master, 96% of the students obtained an internship in internationally renowned companies, such as:
Admission process and graduation
The admission process is aimed to verify the candidate’s eligibility to attend the Master. The candidate’s academic history, previous experiences in the topics covered in the Master and motivation will be matters of the evaluation.
Once it’s sent, the application will be evaluated by Rome Business School’s academic committee. In order to ensure the application’s suitability, it is important to deliver all of the required documentation.
Students who successfully complete the programme will receive a double certification: Rome Business School’s diploma and an official certification by Universidad Internacional de Valencia (VIU), which provides 60 internationally recognized credits (60 ECTS).
Scholarships and Tuition
According to the individual profile, experience, and proved motivation, the candidate can be awarded a scholarship covering part of the overall tuition fee (up to 20%). The eligibility for a possible scholarship will be decided by Rome Business School’s academic committee during the evaluation of the candidate’s application.
Scholarships are available for all of the didactic formulas.
The tuition fee for this Master is: 11.000 Euros
It can be paid:
- in installments
- in a single solution (this option grants the student a 10% discount on the overall amount of the tuition fee)