IABC Strategic Communication in Africa has an Angolan on the Board Edgar Leandro
Rome Business School student represents Angola at IABC Regional Board
April 2020, The Angolan, Edgar Leandro was recently appointed Special Convenor for Angola by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), thus integrating the Board of Directors regional association for the period 2020. The announcement of the good news is the culmination of a long process that began with the invitation made in October 2019 for Edgar Leandro to take up a position in the new regional council of the Association, appointed on December 9th of the same year in Pretoria, South Africa.
Edgar Leandro will work directly with the Associate Executive Director (Southern Africa), Jo Eyre, and with the Associate Executive Director (West Africa), Sola Abulu. In its fifty years of existence, this is the first time that the Association has an Angolan professional on its team.
Edgar Leandro assumes this position in the regional council, working with two executive directors responsible for the Southern Africa and West Africa region, during the year 2020 and will have, among others, the mission of strengthening Angola’s presence in the organization, by facilitating interest groups and connecting with other communication professionals.
Edgar Leandro is an internationally recognized Angolan professional as an expert in political marketing and strategic marketing. He is a member and associate researcher of the Portuguese Political Observatory; Marketing Manager, accredited by the Portuguese Association of Marketing Professionals. He also has a Doctor (Honoris Causa) from Commonwealth University and a Master Class Certificate in Business Management & Leadership from London Graduate School, as well as being a columnist for several newspapers in Africa and London. Edgar is Ambassador of Rome Business School since 2018.
Founded in 1970, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals serving over 14,000 members in 90 countries, and is committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication.
Below is the composition of the current Board of Directors of IABC Africa:
- Carol Allers, Chair: Africa Regional Board
- Mari Lee as the Director for the Quill Awards.
- Jo Eyre as the Director for Membership and Members at Large (Southern Africa).
- Adriaan Taljaard as Director at Large.
- Sola Abulu as the Director for Membership and Members at Large (Western Africa).
- Deyasha Sukdeo as Director for Marketing and Sponsorship.
- Theresa Lee as the Vice Silver Quill Chair.
- Edgar Leandro as Convenor of a Special Interest Group in Angola.
- Teboho Ntsabiseng as a Task Team Participant working on our special projects.
- Dr Amanda Hamilton-Attwellholds the Governance, Certification and Professional Development portfolio.