During the first module of the Master in Marketing & Sales, students will learn how to:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
Students will learn how to: throughout the second module of the Master in Marketing & Sales:
1) Marketing & Sales: Core Drivers
- Valuing the Marketing Mix
- Managing Sales and Sales Networks
- Product Validation Techniques
- Pricing Strategies
- Customer Journey Mapping – CRM And Customer Experience
- Sales Force Motivation and Compensation
- Combining Marketing and Sales Strategy
2) Strategic Marketing & Sales
- Setting the Distribution “multi-channel engine“
- Go to Market: strategy and planning
- B2B Industry marketing and sales
3) The Value of Communication in Marketing and Sales
- Impactful Branding & Advertising
- Key Account Management & Sales Pitch and Sales Promotion
4) Digital Marketing and Web Empowering
- Web Design and Web Management
- e-commerce Optimization (Google Analytics)
- Lead generation: Google Adwords, Social Media Marketing, and Programmatic Advertising (Preparation for Google Ads Certification)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Omnichannel Marketing Evolution
Students will learn how to: throughout the third module of the Master in Marketing & Sales:
5) International Marketing and Sales
- Assessing the geo-political context
- Growing strategies in a globalized economy
- Marketing and sales strategic mix formulation
6) Marketing and Automation Channels, Digital Sales, New Tech & Future Trends
- Big Data and Data-Driven Marketing & Sales and Business KPI’s
- Digital Sales
- From Web Evolution 1.0 to Web Revolution 5.0
- Marketing Implications from AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Metaverse, NFT
- Create change in the world through “Purpose” driven marketing:
- Sustainability and overconsumption
- Smart cities and Urban mobility
- E-Health and prevention care
The goal of Rome Business School is to develop future managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals who are ready to capitalize on the benefits of digitalization, go global, and have a positive impact on society.
Electives are ideal tools for students to improve their employability by focusing on high-demand skills.
- Electives assist students in carving out a niche for themselves and becoming more competitive.
- Electives expose students to courses they might not have encountered otherwise.
- Electives provide a one-of-a-kind curriculum that fosters life and career skills.
- Elective courses are organized in 5 main areas of interest:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
Rome Business School Practice Lab is where theoretical concepts are put into practice and participants learn through experience.
Managers run the Lab from leading national or international companies in the sector/industry, who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises, and network while sharing their experience and expertise with the students.
The Lab is entirely run by the School’s Partner Companies and the activities included are specific to each Master program and goal. For this master the Practice Lab will be in partnership with:
At the end of your educational experience, you will have the chance to prove your abilities by tackling a real business challenge. Use your talent to identify opportunities and create a truly innovative strategy.
Tackle a real company challenge. You can choose to be part of a small team and design an innovative HR business plan or functional operational plan based on theoretical research.
Work on one of two real Business Challenges of a specific company. Choose between a Business Plan, or a Marketing and Sales plan.
Previous years’ experiences
The Practical Challenge: Simply no Waste
The capstone involves a start-up launched in 2019 in Sweden, offering an App that helps manage and reduce food waste at home. The start-up is a one-person company (the founder) with a product-driven focus reaching 11,000 subscribers. The challenge consists of developing a Marketing & Sales growth plan for the start-up.
The Practical Challenge: Unilever
Create a stronger content strategy for Unilever’s web site virtual tour by creating interesting branding strategy by using unconvential tools and outside of the box thinking mind set.
The Practical Challenge: Bayer
Draw up an executive project with the Marketing Department
Soft skills are personal attributes that can affect relationships, communication, and interaction with others, which are crucial for business success and effective leadership in the high-tech world and digital transformation in which we live. None of the new technology and innovation can be applied without proper leadership. The Leadership Program is a path towards self-discovery, empowerment and reinvention, enabling participants to become leaders of the future. The program is practice-based, consisting of 5 interactive courses, including a self-assessment test, role plays and quizzes.
- Communication & Persuasion in the Digital Age
- Team Work Effectiveness
- Agile Leadership
- Negotiation & Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence