During the first module of the International Online Master in Finance, students will learn notions of:
- Managerial Economics
This module aims to prepare students by providing them with the essentials of entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
With this module, the managerial skills required to understand a Business Plan and its structure will be developed.
- Business Strategy
Through this module, students will know how to understand the long-term direction and strategy of a company, and will be able to identify the strategic business units of organizations.
- Accounting & Budgeting
This module is aimed at students understanding the importance of financial management and control principles, with key indicators such as ROI, EBIT, GAAP.
- Project & Operations Management
With this module, students will be able to manage projects, examine data and information, and have a diagnostic approach in solving problems.
- Marketing: Traditional and Digital
Students will learn the application of marketing principles in organizational decision making.
- Human Resource Management
This subject area focuses on strategic human resource issues such as workforce acquisition, development, motivation and retention.
- Data Analytics for Managers
This course is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge needed to analyze and interpret large sets of data, to make effective business decisions and strategies.
During the second module, students will learn:
1) Introduction to Financial Management
- Firms and the Financial Markets
- Advanced Financial Excel
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Banking Systems (Central Banks, IMF, Alternate Payment Systems)
2) Valuation of Financial Assets
- The Time Value of Money
- Risk and Return—Capital Market Theory
- Interest Rates and Debt Valuation
- Investment Decision Criteria
- Securities Valuation
3) Capital Budgeting
- Financial Research, Forecasting and Planning
- Analyzing Project Cash Flows
- Risk Analysis and Project Evaluation
- Securities Law and Bankruptcy Legal Issues
4) Capital Structure, Liquidity and Payout Policy
- The Cost of Capital and Capital Structure Policy
- Dividend, Share Repurchase and Tax Policy
- Financial Distress, Managerial Incentives, and Information
- CFO Job and Capital Allocation Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Corporate Risk Management
During the third module of the Master in Finance, students will explore:
5) Investment Vehicles
- Real Estate Finance
- International Business Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Hedge Fund Style Investing/Arbitrage/Portfolio Theory and Management
6) Innovation and Sustainability in Finance
- Financial Statistics & Econometrics
- Financial Mathematics
- Big Data, AI and Fintech
- Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and Other Alternative Payment Systems
- Sustainable Finance, CSR and Venture Capital Investing in Finance
The goal of Rome Business School is to develop future managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals who are ready to capitalize on the benefits of digitalization, go global, and have a positive impact on society.
Electives are ideal tools for students to improve their employability by focusing on high-demand skills.
- Electives assist students in carving out a niche for themselves and becoming more competitive.
- Electives expose students to courses they might not have encountered otherwise.
- Electives provide a one-of-a-kind curriculum that fosters life and career skills.
- Elective courses are organized in 6 main areas of interest:
- Innovation & Growth
- Tech & Digitalization
- Industry Business Excellence
- International Business
- Global Electives with RBS School partners
- Preparation for Professional Certifications
Rome Business School Practice Lab is the place where theoretical concepts are put in practice and participants learn through experience. The Lab is run by KPMG managers who will examine different specialist knowledge, work on exercises and network, while sharing their experience and expertise with the students. This Lab is entirely run by KPMG managers, with whom you will create strategy to guide customer’s through the customer’s journey of KPMG.
At the end of your educational experience, you will have the chance to prove your abilities by tackling a real business challenge. Use your talent to identify opportunities and create a truly innovative strategy.
Tackle a real company challenge. You can choose to be part of a small team and design a Marketing plan for a new business or develop a strategy to increase online sales or create a loyalty offering for different generation.
You will be given two case studies from two real companies that will allow you to test your knowledge learned during the master’s course.