Selection Interview is the final stage of the Selection Process at Rome Business School. The Pre-Admissions Committee conducts 30-40 minute interviews of all candidates who have successfully completed the Curriculum Vitae evaluation process. Selection interviews are held either at the Rome Business School campus or via Skype, Google Hangout or telephone. While video calls are not mandatory, all candidates are required to use a headset and microphone in order to ensure optimal audio communication.
For a successful interview, candidates should expect to discuss their future goals.
Applicants who have successfully completed the application evaluation process, will be invited to book and participate in the selection interview. A link to book your interview session will be provided to you. A reminder will be sent to their email address one hour and also a day prior the interview session.
Preparing for the Interview
- Reflect on your personality, goals, skills, qualifications and aspirations
- Do your research on the Rome Business School and make sure you know the programme well, so that you can better respond to questions asked of you in the interview and so that you can clarify anything that you do not fully understand
- For Skype interviews, make sure you are using a headset with a microphone and you are in a noise free area
- Provide correct and updated contact information
- One of the Enrollment Coordinators from the Office of Admissions will contact you
During the Interview
- Answer questions specifically and do not respond with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’
- Do not be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat a question
Main Areas of Discussion
Here are some of the key topics that will be discussed during the interview:
- Your backgrounds (educational and professional)
- The motivations behind your application
- The interest you have for the masters programme you applied for
- Your greatest strengths and/or weaknesses
- The values you expect to receive from and give to Rome Business School, if given the opportunity
- Your future goals (career-wise)
After a successful Selection Interview
Candidates are informed of the outcome by email if they have been selected or not. The Office of Admission will send the Interview Outcome email, which will contain an Acceptance Letter if the candidate as passed, or an invitation to apply again in the future if the candidate has not been selected.