Selection Interview is the final stage of the Selection Process at Rome Business School
The Pre-Admissions Committee conducts 30-minute interviews of all candidates who have successfully completed the CV evaluation process. Selection interviews are held either at the Rome Business School campus or via Skype, Google Hangout or telephone. While video calls are not mandatory, all candidates are required to use a headset and microphone in order to ensure optimal audio communication.
For a successful interview, candidates should expect to discuss their their future goals.
Applicants who have successfully completed the application evaluation process, will be invited to book and participate in the selection interview. A link to book your interview session will be provided to you. A reminder will be sent to their email address one hour and also a day prior the interview session.
After a successful Selection Interview.
Candidates are informed of the outcome by email if they have been selected or not. The Office of Admission will send the Interview Outcome email, which will contain an Acceptance Letter if the candidate as passed, or an invitation to apply again in the future if the candidate has not been selected.
Preparing for the Interview
- Be yourself. Reflect on your personality, goals, skills, qualifications and aspirations;
- Do your research on the Rome Business School and make sure you know the programme well, so that you can better respond to questions asked of you in the interview and so that you can clarify anything that you do not fully understand;
- Practice a variety of questions prior to the interview either on your own or with a friend. You can see some sample questions below of this page;
- Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer, this shows enthusiasm and gives you chance to get answers you haven’t found yet;
- For Skype interviews, make sure you are using a headset with a microphone and you are in a noise free area;
- Provide correct and updated contact information
- One of the Officers from the Office of Admissions will attempt to contact you on Skype. In case we encounter difficulties, we will give you a call on the mobile phone number provided in the booking details.
During the Interview
- Take a deep breath to focus and provide clear, concise and effective answers;
- Make sure to demonstrate that you understand the demands of the course;
- Answer questions specifically and do not respond with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’;
- Do not be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat a question or ask if you can come back to a question if you need additional time to prepare your answer; and
- If you are asked about your weaknesses, turn them into a potential strength or explain how you have learned to compensate for the weakness.
Main Areas of Discussion
Review and practise your responses to possible questions that interviewers may ask. It is imperative that you are able to demonstrate your understanding clearly and concisely so keep your answers brief, unless asked to provide more details.
Here are some of the key topics that will be discussed during the interview:
- Your backgrounds (educational and professional)
- The motivations behind your application
- The interest you have for the masters programme you applied for
- Your greatest strengths and/or weaknesses
- The values you expect to receive from and give to the Rome Business School, if given the opportunity
- Your future goals (career-wise)
- The achievements that you are most proud of