The Rome Business School is accredited Global R.E.P. – Registered Education Provider by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This accreditation certifies the qualification of specialised Project Management training agency, and is awarded based upon course quality and adherence to the PMI’s international standards. Each certified course enable the accumulation of Contact Hours/PDUs, the learning units necessary to request and maintain PMI® certifications.
The course, which is available both in English and Italian and can be taken both on campus and by distance learning with live lessons, offers the following exclusive benefits:
- ISO 9001:2008 certified teaching of excellence
- REP accreditation by the PMI®, which enables the recognition of PDUs
- Integrative exercises in class
- PMP® exam simulation
- Assistance in the PMI® and in the PMP® exam enrolment procedure
By taking an analytical and practical approach, this course will provide trainees with the concepts, theories, techniques and tools related to project management as described in the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013*
The course will examine all the ten knowledge areas to achieve the objective of presenting a complete and exhaustive view of the processes that must be implemented for a successful project management activity. Participants will obtain 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units), required by the PMI® standards.
The course is aimed at:
- providing trainees with a common project management framework to create a shared “glossary” to enable different companies to speak the same language;
- providing trainees with the principles of project management;
- enabling trainees to appreciate the role played by the project management discipline in achieving project objectives within the overall business environment;
- emphasizing the role played by the stakeholders in good project management, with a focus on the role played by the project manager;
- providing trainees with a framework for further study in specialized areas of project management activities (i.e. risk, procurement and so on).
This course, accredited by the Project Management Insitute (PMI)®, is recommended for those who wish to take the exam for the certification of the prestigious Project Management Professional (PMP)®* title. This certification is only available to those who have already gained a relevant experience as Project Managers or have worked in the project management field and wish to obtain an official recognition of their competences. The Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential ensures to its possessor the certification of the knowledge of the project management’s standards, the possession of the experience and of the skills of a Project Manager, essential for conducting successful projects.
No specific requirements are needed to take part in the course. However, to be eligible to apply for the certification exam, you need to have a degree, a specified amount of hours in the project management field and to have completed a project management education course like this one. These detailed requirements can be found on the Project Management Institute (PMI)® website. (http://www.pmi.org/Certification.aspx).
The course, available either on-campus or through distance learning, is structured in:
- 6 days of training
- Exercises and exam simulations
Course conduction modes
The course conducted in either of two modes:
- Catalogue-based; i.e., held on fixed dates and open to participants from various companies.
- Dedicated; i.e., organised to measure for a single company, based upon requirements emerging from an adequate assessment.
The course will consist of formal lectures, case analyses, exercises, question tests, and discussions sessions. Case studies will be utilized to stimulate discussion. The trainees will be encouraged to read widely and engage in discussion and debate.
This course is structured in order to deliver the knowledge and the skills necessary to Project Managers and Project Leaders.
Its contents are:
- Introduction to Project Management, Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Stimulation test
PDU (PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS)
Participants will obtain 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units), required by the PMI standards, divided in:
- 30 Technical Project Management
- 3 Leadership
- 2 Business & Strategic Management
All Rome Business School teachers are highly selected and internationally renowned PMP certified trainers who come from a multitude of operational and professional environments. They are therefore able to provide a wealth of up to date experiences and competencies.
All training activities are tailored upon the specific requirements of the applying organisation and upon the specific type of activity. To this end, a meeting will be held (in person or via web-conference) to define in further detail the final course design.
The participant will be issued with a wealth of documentation, including:
- lecture notes,
- case studies,
- useful links.
At the end of the course, the official Rome Business School certificate will be awarded.
REGISTRATION IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participation in the course entitles to be enrolled in the Rome Business School Alumni Association, the international Rome Business School network through which students can share ideas, experiences and projects and take advantage of exclusive training-cultural opportunities.
The Rome Business School’s teachers and experts remain available for students for any further explanation, clarification and assistance beyond course conclusion.
Once you have chosen your preferred attendance formula, to register, all you need to do is:
1) fill in the REGISTRATION FORM attached to this leaflet, which can also be downloaded from: https://romebusinessschool.com/DOCS/SCHEDAISCRIZIONE.pdf
2) complete the payment via bank transfer, with your details and the title of the course; payments must be made to: Rome Business School, IBAN:
IT15W0200805219000102125005 – c/o Unicredit, Ag. 01748 – Roma
3) fax both the form and the bank transfer receipt to +39 06 96708812
*PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.