How to look for and find work in the age of social media
The job market is becoming ever more competitive and in a globalisation and economic crisis scenario, the search for a good job may appear to be an impossible mission. Nevertheless, good work opportunities are not lacking both in Italy and abroad. More and more often, though, job offers do not turn up on traditional channels because companies advertise only through social media or directly contact potential candidates through this new tool. Based on a survey run by the largest U.S. recruitment company, within the next three years, over 60% of HR Directors will use the immense potential of the web 2.0 to find people to hire.
That is why it is today essential to know and use social media and new technologies to find work and to be found by employers.
At the same time, it is necessary to make the best impression, first and foremost by being fully aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses and mastering the basic personal branding and self marketing.
By attending the Rome Business School’s Search for @ job2.0 course, you will become skilled at these techniques, you will learn to navigate these new tools and use them most effectively to successfully position yourself in the job market.
To guide and support all those who are looking for work by means of new operational tools, “selling” their candidature in the best way possible, promoting their characteristics to the max and making effective use of the new job seeking and self-promotion tools
More specifically, by attending the Rome Business School’s Search for @ job 2.0 course, you will learn to:
- Correctly identify and position your personal brand and utilize the main self-marketing; techniques
- Organize a “Job seeking plan”;
- Compile an effective CV and introduction letter: what information to highlight to stand out and be called at the first available interview round;
- Make use of the new videoCV formats and creative approaches;
- Understand and use the potential of the new Web 2.0 tools (Linkedin, Viadeo, Google +1, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.), to steer your professional fate in real time and make yourself known how and where it matters;
- Manage your job interview; be prepared to convince the interviewer to specifically recruit you and how to find out whether the job on offer is really the one for you.
The course is aimed at all those who are seeking their first employment or wish to move on to a new job or is simply curious about new job search tools
In line with the Rome Business School’s general approach and the best international standards, the course is designed with the aim of providing excellent training with an emphasis to its concrete application in the job, professional and company markets.
Therefore, the course involves both mainly one way teaching phases – to accurately transfer the reference conceptual models – and practical application sessions aimed at developing your operational and management capabilities.
Your progress in the subjects taught will be tested and consolidated through exercises related to actual managerial cases.
Modes of attendance
This course can be attended in three ways:
- On campus
- On line, via a cutting-edge web platform
- In house, i.e. at your workplace
Whichever way you choose to take the course, you will receive:
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a named participation certificate.
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
Our teachers are renowned trainers and managers who come from a multitude of operational and professional environments. They are therefore able to bring a wealth of up to date experience and competency.
All participants in this course will be provided with a wealth of documentation, including slide presentations, case studies and exercises.
If you wish, participation in this course will entitle you to:
Having your CV inserted in the Rome Business School database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network;
The review and editing of your CV;
Support in managing your job interviews.
REGISTRATION IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participation in the Master’s course entitles you to be enrolled in the Rome Business School Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.
Course duration and dates
How to register
To register you have to:
- Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM and send it to fax +39 (0)6 96708812
- Complete the payment via bank transfer, with your details and the title of the course; payments must be made to: Rome Business School — IBAN: IT15W0200805219000102125005 — BIC SWIFT CODE: UNCRITM178L — Bank account number: 102125005 — Bank name: UNICREDIT
- Send both the form and the bank transfer receipt via fax to +39 (0)6 96708812