Improving your approach to decisions, strengthening the creative component that enables to be more flexibility in solving problems, to decide in not totally known situations, to innovate and balance the rational and creative spheres in decision making (brain holism)
All company resources, with particular reference to managers.
[su_spoiler title="Paradigms" open="yes" style="fancy"]
- Paradigms: strong and weak points of references, experiences and models – how to give them value as references for creative decision making whilst avoiding making them into constraints.
[su_spoiler title="Creativity at work" open="yes" style="fancy"]
- The “four creative capabilities”: openness to information, management of uncertainty, acceptance of risk, brain holism;
- The specific features of the two cerebral hemispheres (creativity vs. rationality) in the decision making process;
- The relationship between the two hemispheres.
[su_spoiler title="The decision making process: the four phases of decision making" open="yes" style="fancy"]
- The four phases: Identify, Research, Evaluate, Choose;
- The four phases vs. the four creative capabilities;
- The four phases and the concrete tools to tackle them: overview.
[su_spoiler title="Focus on the practical tools to manage the four phases: theory and applied case studies" open="yes" style="fancy"]
- Identify: Paradigm Check, Ishikawa Diagram, Pareto Analysis, Nine Dots
- Research: Brainstorming Paper Clip, Bionics, Analogizing, Modeling
- Evaluate: Pro’s & Con’s, Force Field Analysis, Decision Tree, Criteria Profiling & Matrix
- Choose: Risk Identifier, Risk Clarifier, Testing, Managing Change
In line with the Rome Business School’s general approach and the best international standards, the course is designed with the aim of providing excellent training with an emphasis to its concrete application in the job, professional and company markets.
Therefore, the course involves both mainly one way teaching phases – to accurately transfer the reference conceptual models – and practical application sessions aimed at developing your operational and management capabilities.
Your progress in the subjects taught will be tested and consolidated through exercises related to actual managerial cases.
Modes of attendance
This course can be attended in three ways:
- On campus
- On line, via a cutting-edge web platform
- In house, i.e. at your workplace
Whichever way you choose to take the course, you will receive:
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a named participation certificate.
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
Our teachers are renowned trainers and managers who come from a multitude of operational and professional environments. They are therefore able to bring a wealth of up to date experience and competency.
All participants in this course will be provided with a wealth of documentation, including slide presentations, case studies and exercises.
If you wish, participation in this course will entitle you to:
Having your CV inserted in the Rome Business School database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network;
The review and editing of your CV;
Support in managing your job interviews.
REGISTRATION IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participation in the Master’s course entitles you to be enrolled in the Rome Business School Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.