The Rome Business School is accredited Global R.E.P. – Registered Education Provider
by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
. This accreditation certifies the qualification of specialized Project Management training agency, and is awarded based upon course quality and adherence to the PMI’s international standards. Each certified course enable the accumulation of Contact Hours/PDUs
, the learning units necessary to request and maintain PMI®
The course, which is available both in English and Italian and can be taken both on campus
and by distance learning with live lessons
, offers the following exclusive benefits:
- ISO 9001:2008 certified teaching of excellence
- REP accreditation by the PMI®, which enables the recognition of PDUs
- Integrative exercises in class
- PMP® exam simulation
- Assistance in the PMI® and in the PMP® exam enrolment procedure
This 35-hour course is aimed at developing the knowledge necessary to pass the CAPM®
(Certified Associate in Project Management) certification exam of the Project Management Institute®
, which describes the five process groups and the ten knowledge areas needed by project managers. At the end of the course, 23 PDUs (Professional Development Units) are awarded.
On completion of the course, candidates will be guaranteed to be able to:
- Confidently sit the exam to obtain the CAPM® certification of the Project Management Institute®.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the project management processes, with the various inputs, outputs and the different tools and techniques to be utilized in the various contexts.
The simulation of a reduced exam session is included, during which the CAPM®
certification candidates will be asked a maximum of 75 questions. At the end of the test, the instructor will supply the key to the correct interpretation of the questions asked and will discuss any conflicting interpretations with the candidates.
This course is aimed at high school or university graduates who, although lacking project management experience, wish to start working in this field or, in any case, to all those who intend to work on projects, demonstrating their knowledge of project management standards. In fact, the attainment of this certification demonstrates knowledge of the principles and terminology contained in the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®
Guide); that is of the project management standards recognised as good practice. Furthermore, being thus certified, in addition to the experience that individuals will acquire “on the job”, contributes to increase competency levels in practicing project management, while, at the same time, benefiting from the high degree of credibility attributed to PMI®
The course is structured to deliver all the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the functions of Project Manager and of Project Leader.
- Introduction to the PMBoK® and to the CAPM® certification path.
- Projects: organisation and lifecycle
- The project management processes and the knowledge areas
- Human resources
At the end of the training course, an exam session will be simulated during the first part of the day (four hours) to familiarise the candidates with the exam environment. The remaining four hours will be dedicated to analysing the answers given, in order to expand upon those topics that may still be unclear or not completely understood.
No prerequisites are necessary. In order to be admitted to take the certification exam, however, there are some minimum obligatory qualifications – among these, a high school diploma, a certain number of hours spent working in project management, or having attended a preparatory course like the one described here – that can be checked on the PMI®
The method employed involves:
- A 35-hour classroom course.
- Classroom exercises aimed at facilitating the understanding of the topics considered.
- Quiz form exercises aimed at familiarising the candidates with the exam questions.
- A final simulated exam quiz (in reduced form).
- The employment of a shared forum with participants and teachers to elaborate upon the most complex topics, to address any clarification requests, or to provide answers to any doubts.
- The supply of the access credentials to a questions database to exercise and prepare for the certification exam.
Modes of attendance
The course conducted in either of two modes:
- Catalogue-based; i.e., held on fixed dates and open to participants from various companies.
- Dedicated; i.e., organised to measure for a single company, based upon requirements emerging from an adequate assessment.
The course, available either on-campus
or through distance learning,
is structured in:
- 6 full-day training sessions
- Exercises and Exam simulations
Participants will be awarded 23 PDU (Professional Development Units).
All Rome Business School teachers are highly selected and internationally renowned trainers who come from a multitude of operational and professional environments. They are therefore able to provide a wealth of up to date experiences and competencies.
All training activities are tailored upon the specific requirements of the applying organisation and upon the specific type of activity. To this end, a meeting will be held (in person or via web-conference) to define in further detail the final course design.
The participant will be issued with a wealth of documentation, including:
- lecture notes,
- case studies,
- useful links.
At the end of the course, the official Rome Business School certificate will be awarded.
REGISTRATION IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participation in the course entitles to be enrolled in the Rome Business School Alumni Association, the international Rome Business School network through which students can share ideas, experiences and projects and take advantage of exclusive training-cultural opportunities.
The Rome Business School’s teachers and experts remain available for students for any further explanation, clarification and assistance beyond course conclusion.